To start off the beauty portion of this blog I decided to talk about my favourite eyeshadow palette EVER. The Master Palette by Mario is a limited edition eyeshadow palette that includes mostly warm shimmer and matte shades as well as a few cool tones. First of all let’s talk about the creator of this palette. Mario Dedivanovic is a celebrity makeup artist that shows his amazing work on clients such as the Kardashians, Emily Ratajkowski, Kate Bosworth and many others. I had no idea that this palette was even in the works until one day I walked into Sephora and asked if they had any Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palettes in stock. I had been to Sephora time after time looking for this palette and they were ALWAYS sold out. My mom and I wanted this palette so badly but it didn’t seem to want us. When I walked into the Sephora at Easton Mall in Columbus, Ohio they finally had the Modern Renaissance palette in stock but the kind women that worked at Sephora said to us “let me show you something new that we just got in today, it’s limited edition and we haven’t even put them on the shelf yet”. My mom and I let her go to the back and grab whatever she was talking about. We were told that this was supposed to be an amazing palette, although we couldn’t see for ourselves because they were trying to preserve the inventory so much that they couldn’t even use a palette as a tester. The lady told us that this palette was much more of an “everyday” palette than the bright palette we went into the store wanting. We took her word on this and went out on a limb. We bought the palette without even seeing what it looked like in real life and hoped for the best. All I can say is thank god for the wonderful lady who took the time out of her day to show us this palette when the one we asked for was right in front of us, ready to go. It’s employees like this, ones who really care about their customers that make you want to come back (although a crappy employee that made me not want to go back to Sephora ever again wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world considering I’ve redeemed my VIB Rouge status for two consecutive years… yikes $$$). I find myself using this palette every single day whether I’m blending a single shadow in my crease or doing a full eyeshadow look. Below is a photo linked of my favourite look created with this palette. I wear this look whenever I’m going out for dinner, to a hockey game, going shopping etc… (needless to say this look is VERY versatile). Below are steps on how I created this simple warm/natural look from this gorgeous palette…(It’s seriously so easy).
- First, I primed my eyes using my concealer and set the entire lid with loose translucent powder.
- Next, I took the colour “isabel” straight onto a blending crease brush and blended that into my entire crease focusing on the outer corner.
- After that, I decided to take the colour “muse” on a flat shadow brush and pat that all over my entire lid.
- I took a fluffy blending brush and blended those two shades together to get rid of any harsh lines and blended until the two shades came together seamlessly.
- Then, to brighten up the look I took the shade “marina” on another flat shadow brush and patted it on the inner corner/half of my lid and into my tear duct.
- Again, I took the fluffy blending brush to make sure that this look blended seamlessly.
- Finally I brought the colour “isabel” onto the tip of a flat shadow brush and swiped it along my bottom lash line to warm up the bottom of the eye to match the top.
- I decided to keep this look light by adding a generous coat of mascara to my top and bottom lashes (going lighter on the bottom). Keep in mind that this look can easily be made more dramatic by adding lashes and/or a winged eyeliner, which BTW is what I would do if I wanted to dramatize this look.
*SIDE NOTE: Brushes that come with eyeshadow palettes are usually really crappy but this brush is AHMAZING. I’m telling you, between the one end (a fluffy blending brush) and the other end (a flat shadow brush) you can pretty much use this single brush to create any look you want out of this palette.